In June of 2010 (it seems like so long ago) I wrote a post Move over Oprah, DB2NightShow.com is moving up in ratings. The gang at DB2NightShow.com produced and recorded 36 episodes. You can see the top 20 most downloaded episods here. To bring in new talent to the Season 2 (Jay Leno was not available) DBI Software and IDUG banded together to and created a contest that rewards with lavish prizes those willing to present their DB2 experiences. Read more about this below.
DB2’s GOT TALENT
IDUG and DBI know there is a great deal of talent in our DB2 LUW user community. If you have interacted with DB2 in any way, you have likely enjoyed some form of success; you have probably also solved some challenges. Through this contest, we are looking for members of the DB2 LUW user community to share their experiences with others — which is exactly the spirit of IDUG.
* 1st Prize: One FREE IDUG Conference Registration to any IDUG Conference in 2011 (North America, EMEA, or Australasia) provided by IDUG, plus up to $1,500 USD travel expense allowance provided by DBI. Approximate value of prize package: $3,500 USD
* 2nd Prize: Xbox 360 250GB Console with Kinect (approximate value $500) provided by IDUG.
* 3rd Prize: $100 Amazon.com Gift Certificate provided by DBI.
* Finalist Prizes: Each of the top 10 Contestants that are invited by the judges to participate in Finals Shows will win $50 Amazon.com Gift Certificates provided by DBI.
ELIGIBILITY TO PARTICIPATE
You are eligible to participate as a contestant if:
1. You can spell “DB2” and have hands on business experience using it
2. You are at least 21 years of age
3. You properly complete the contestant application and agree to the rules and provisions therein
4. You have a computer with a high speed internet connection, a microphone, and a headset, and your computer and internet connection must be capable of running GoToMeeting® and GoToWebinar® software (visit www.GoToMeeting.com ). If you’ve successfully attended an episode of The DB2Night Show, you’re all set.
5. You have NOT presented at two or more IDUG or IBM conferences during the past five years. This contest is a search for new talent in the DB2 community.
Generally, Contestant presentations must conform to IDUG technical session presentation rules. Topics presented must be relevant to core DB2 LUW functionality, DB2 LUW Compression, Oracle Enablement, or Sybase Skins – which specifically excludes any other extra cost functionality or features. Selling or marketing of products is prohibited. Contestants are encouraged to use LARGE font sizes in presentations as font sizes smaller than 18pt are difficult to read in the live Webinar or recorded replay formats.
1. Read: How The Contest Will Work
2. Want to be a contestant? Download the Application (Application.doc), complete it, then return it to “db2sgottalent” “at” “dbisoftware.com”.
3. Spectators and Contestants: Register for your FREE seat in our Webinar Studio Audience